Job SummaryUnder the supervision of the Center Director that is determined by location, the is responsible for ensuring completion of initial and annual assessments of participants in their home environment to determine their individual needs and coordinate plans of care (POC).
In addition to providing quality care, the is responsible for the supervision of the home care staff and their functions.Essential Functions and Work ResponsibilitiesFunctional Category: Participant CareEstimated Percent of time Spent – 25%
· Performs initial assessments of participants’ in their home environment to determine their individual needs and coordinates plan of care (POC) with the scheduling department, utilizing care-giving resources.
· Coordinates personal care activities of participants in the home when receiving home care services.
· Provides skilled supportive and restorative nursing care to participants as needed.
Re-evaluates participants care plan and health status on an on-going basis.
· Provides health counseling to participants and their families on an individual or group basis.
· Administers medications, provides training in self-administration of all non-scheduled medications and monitors medication compliance
· Formally performs annual re-assessments of all IGCP participants to determine in-home services are appropriate.
· Conducts re-assessments in the home for all home care participants to determine skilled nursing needs, personal care and assistance, and home maker/chore services.
· Maintains participants’ medical record and ensures that agency charting and reporting requirements are metFunctional Category: SupervisionEstimated Percent of time Spent – 50%Effectively supervises and manages direct reports and provides, by example and leadership, motivation and direction to employees of the organization.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable state and federal employment laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing and rewarding employees; corrective disciplinary procedures and practices (under direction of supervisor and in partnership with Human Resources), addressing complaints and resolving problems.Ensures annual employee performance reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner.
Evaluates performance of employees for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining objectives.Regularly schedules leadership/management, department, and staff 1:1 meetings to provide leadership, development, and a forum for communication to ensure coordination and collaboration in meeting organization and individual goals.
Functional Category: AdministrativeEstimated Percent of time Spent – 25%Oversees team expenditures and payroll/overtime, ensures that team members are scheduled in an appropriate manner in order to limit the use of overtime.Insures that quality care is delivered by the home care team to site participants via the use of periodic participant/caregiver inquiry, intermittent review of care plans and trending of data from various reports.Serves as a member to the Multi-disciplinary Team and attends meetings as appropriate.
Job Qualifications QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsREQUIREDEducation
· Associates Degree in NursingLicensure, Certification, Registration or DesignationCurrent State Registered Nurses License Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR certification required.Requires personal transportation, a state issued driver’s license, good driving record and auto insurance as required by lawWork Experience and QualificationsMinimum of two years of health care experience with an emphasis in geriatrics required.Strong management skills and at least two years of experience in supervising staff.Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities RequiredComputer SkillsMust be computer proficient and possess experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new applications.Mathematical/Financial SkillsAbility to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable conclusions and compile accurate reports.Experience with developing and managing budgetsLanguage SkillsAbility to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other documents.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers, employees, and others.
Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
Ability to read and write memos, reports, and correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format.Reasoning Ability
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Other Skills and Abilities:Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive, self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.InnovAge Service Standards RequirementsSafety
· Safety Maintains a safe work place.
Reports all unsafe work conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager and works in conjunction with supervisor, Safety & Loss Control Manager, and staff to correct unsafe work conditions.
Follows and enforces all safety policies.AccountabilityCommitment – Commits to his/her job and to the success of the company.
Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and continuous quality improvement.
Degree to which employee goes the extra step to ensure job/task completion.
Takes initiative to offer ideas to improve processes or results.Cooperativeness – Consistently supports management decisions as demonstrated by his/her actions.
Demonstrates a “can do” attitude by responding positively to instructions.
Follows instructions and works harmoniously with others to complete the job or task.Attendance – Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance expectations/requirements.
Faithfully reports to work and conforms to scheduled work hours.
When necessitated, follows call-in procedures and informs others of absences.CaringCustomer Service Embraces the organization’s commitment to internal and external customer service and demonstrates a customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers, participants, clients, and all other business contacts.Confidentiality – Maintains confidentiality of employee, participant, and client data/information, and any other sensitive organization information as appropriate.IntegrityAdherence to Company Policy – Follows and enforces guidelines as established by policies.
Conforms to company and job standards and requirements.
Shows respect for others.
Acts in the best interests of the company at all times.
Serves as an example for others.
Conducts business in an ethical fashion.Reliability – Completes responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
Follows through with assigned jobs and tasks all the way through completion.
Puts forth the effort to achieve goals and objectives under varying circumstances.Alignment with Company Goals & Objectives – Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values and holding self-accountable for applying these principles daily and personally living them when working with co-workers, participants, clients, and all other business contacts.QualityQuantity of Work / Productivity – Produces at a high volume.
Always puts forth the effort to maximize productivity.
Meets or exceeds established work deadlines.
Engages in a productive work effort whenever possible.
Meets goals and objectives.Quality of Work – Produces work that is accurate and reliable.
Accomplishes work quickly and efficiently.
Works in a thorough and organized manner while minimizing down time.
Results are consistently within acceptable quality standards.Job Knowledge – Demonstrates a thorough understanding of his/her job processes and procedures.
Integrates knowledge to efficiently accomplish job requirements.
Efficiently uses resources (including staff and management) to obtain additional knowledge.
Communication – Exhibits good interpersonal skills.
Develops and fosters professional relationships with co-workers, participants, clients, and vendors.
Keeps others informed as directed by operational demands and need-to-know.
Keeps self informed of announcement made via established company venues PandoLogic.
Category: Healthcare, Keywords: