Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
The Project Engineer will lead an effort to design and integrate an IT system across multiple campuses in order to achieve real time location services for property.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• Provide Project Management for installation and implementation of a multi-million dollar COTs SaaS SW Platform to achieve digital asset management using BLE technology
• Determine a coherent strategy for the data, platforms, networks, integrations, organizations, and services to deliver and manage operations
• Establish integration strategy to increase effectiveness, improve efficiency, and enhance value of the real time location services system in multi-campus environment (i.e. Denver, CO and Sunnyvale, CA as primary locations).
• Assist/lead with technical planning, system integration, verification, validation, cost, cyber security risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for IoT Support Equipment during all efforts (i.e. concept, design, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal).
• Coordinate with Facilities for design and implementation across all Space sites.
• Identify and implement business process changes, enhancements, and access to optimize technology insertion; both internal and external customer facing.
• Work with Full Stack IIoT Systems Engineer(s) responsible for partnering with various operational organizations and LM Space IT to provide industrial-device-level connectivity, to include equipment tagging and hardware installation in buildings.
• Apply cybersecurity standard methodologies to ensure high compliance status is met; drive policies and procedures that will enable tracking technologies in a classified environment.
• Perform periodic COTS assessments to determine continued compliance, usage, and needs
• Maintain and develop documentation as necessary
Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Systems Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Project Management experience or equivalent training/education, ability to utilize program management tools – ie. EVM, Project Plans (MPP)
• Experience with designing/integrating complex systems with significant IT scope (e.g. ERP, Manufacturing Execution System -MES, Asset Management)
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services Cloud Technology
• Strong Interpersonal/communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
• This role requires special access to support the program and requires you to be a US Citizen
• Active Interim Secret clearance
• Ability to travel periodically for 1-2 weeks at a time.
• Agile Program Management Methodology
• Decisive, results-driven, and comfortable assessing and working with managed risk.
• Familiarity with Operational Technologies, IoT, IIoT, IIoT security
• Familiarity with System Accreditation process
• Test/Integration experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.