Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This position will be a member of Software Factory team. This is a leadership role that has responsibilities consisting of leading a team responsible for training, coaching, and mentoring agile teams and leaders, as well as conducting and leading a team responsible for program assessments. The successful candidate will serve as a coach to programs, projects, and teams in Agile and DevSecOp at both program start-up and transformation. Additionally, the successful candidate will conduct program assessments and coach teams on best practices.
• Provide team leadership in the guidance and mentorship of a multi-disciplined team of software and systems engineers.
o Act as a role model for the team. Lead by doing.
o Coach and mentor teammate’s work activities on a regular basis.
o Provided guidance and drive executions for a team responsible for program start-up, migration, and assessments.
• Coach at multiple levels team, program, portfolio in managing efforts consistent with the Agile Manifesto. Promotes and challenges others to foster teamwork and use disciplined Agile approaches.
• Coaches 2-4 teams simultaneously by directly observing team activities, guides them through Agile discovery and learning, provides general and role-based training, and helps raise and solve impediments.
• Quickly establish collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and team members to help them in their journey of adopting/improving Agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
• Recommend metrics that help agile teams and organizations measure and improve their effectiveness and increase their value delivery.
• Assess the current organization and delivery environment and recommend Agile and DevSecOps practices for the program.
• Support solution and business development activities with the goal of reducing lead times to deliver business outcomes while maintaining quality levels.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• 3+ years of experience in an agile leadership role (i.e. scrum master, product owner)
• Proven experience leading multi-discipline teams
• Strong experience providing technical leadership to an Agile Scrum team
• Effective communication skills with both leadership and technical teams
• Must have at least one current Agile Certification
• Experience with agile tools such as: Jira, VersionOne
• Flexibility to work with teams, individuals and executives and willingness to help with a wide variety of work products and people.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel
• Experience Building self-organizing teams
• Background in Principles of Product Development Flow and ToC
• SAFe Program Consultant (50% of the classes we teach are from SAFe)
• Multiple Agile Certifications to support the varied teams
• Servant Leadership
• Empirical Planning
• current Security Clearance TS/SCI or above (not required)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.