Job Summary The Home Care Certified Nurse Aide is responsible for providing routine care and assisting participants or clients with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities Functional Category: Client/Participant Care Estimated Percent of time Spent – 100%
· Follows plan of care and assists participants with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and toileting as assigned or needed.
Documents care provided in accordance with established policies, guidelines and applicable regulations
· Carries out, reports and documents care given in an effective, timely manner as observed by the RN and through periodic record reviews.
· Participates in the care planning of participants through cooperation with the multidisciplinary teams.
· Monitors participants’ health status by taking vital signs and weights (monthly).
· Monitors appetite in addition to looking for changes in functional ability and checking skin condition while assisting with toileting.
· Monitors/assists participants in a courteous manner with meals and provides assistance with feeding as necessary.
· Assists participants with restorative and supportive care such as ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care, catheters, fills oxygen and provides other aides as assigned or needed.
· Monitors participants’ health status such as vital signs, weights, skin condition, appetite and changes in functional ability and reports pertinent information to clinical supervisor in a timely manner.
Reports any variance, accident or unusual occurrence to the appropriate personnel.Attends in-service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
· Perform nursing assistant services to clients in their place of residence Attends position related in-services.
Attends all mandatory in-service programs as scheduled; minimally 12 hours/yearParticipates in QM activities as requested.Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per Agency policyPerforms simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or nursing services as assigned.Performs household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.Does not accept assignments for a patient with special needs for which he/she has not received appropriate training.
· Additional work functions and duties may be assigned Job Qualifications Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions REQUIRED Education High School Diploma or GED Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation Current and valid state issued Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license is required Requires personal transportation, valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record and auto insurance as required by law.
Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR certification required.
Work Experience and Qualifications A minimum of one year experience working the frail or elderly is required.
PREFERRED Work Experience and Qualifications Experience in a care setting for frail and elderly patients participating in a group environment preferred