The Judge Group
Location: Lone Tree, CO
Contract | 6+ Months
Looking for a driven, results-oriented Software Applications Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and quality.
As a front-end engineer, you will be a senior member of our engineering team that is responsible for the web front-end that powers the Digital Communications Platform. Over the past year, we have been working to demise an existing communications solution, replacing a vendor-based SaaS solution with an in-house, yet vendor-built Java+Angular solution backed by the OpenText Exstream and Empower rendering products. Expect to collaborate closely with product, design, vendor, and backend teams to build and support new features, drive technical direction, and build scalable web apps targeting modern browsers in a way that meets architectural standards and operational needs.
What you’ll do:
• Partner with Product/Platform Teams, Vendors, and Designers to deliver a beautiful user experience
• Collaborate as a technical lead and SME in the area of front-end design & development
• Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
• Facilitate integration with existing and/or new data services
• Participate in an agile software development environment
• Participate in design, code, and technical design reviews
• Participate in and ferry solutions through local and/or other governance reviews
• Integrate performance monitoring to empower data-driven decisions
• Investigate and resolve application issues reported by our end users and business partners
• Identify ways to improve our technology, process & performance
• Solve production problems and participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation and related installs
• Provide recommendations and improvements to prevent production incidents from re-occurring
• Participate in key incident reviews / production issues calls to investigate and restore key application issues, outages or major impacts from related domains and perform post mortem / root cause analysis as needed.
• Configure and monitor new alerts, as needed, to prevent production issues from affecting application availability.
• Proactively monitor and continually seek for on-going improvements for our applications.
• Create dashboard to publish alerts or proactively identify issues raised after key releases to keep all applications and batch processes performing at its best
• Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
• Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers. Update and/or author new documents to share with the others in the Ops team.
• Mentor junior developers in design patterns, best practices and software development strategy
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Master of Computer Science
• 10+ years overall IT experience
• 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in enterprise web application development
• 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in object oriented languages such as Java and/or C# (.NET or Core)
• 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, practices, and software design patterns in an Enterprise level environment.
• 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in DevOps, Full stack development with Angular, .Net, or similar.
• 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, or MongoDB
• Experience in RESTful service design and implementation
• Experience with mobile friendly web application development (hybrid or native a plus)
• Firm grasp of UI/UX principles, ability to convert UX designs into working prototypes
• Experience producing technical design documentation and reviewing with architects
• Experience using PaaS solutions and concepts (PCF and/or GCP preferred)
• Experience leveraging Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
• Working knowledge and understanding of security tools like Veracode and AppScan
• Expertise in the software development lifecycle with proven examples of process improvement
• Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum development methodology
• Experience with Atlassian suite of products to include JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket & Bamboo
• Demonstrated yearning to leverage technology to build products that “wow” users
• Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
• Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience mentoring and guiding developers
• Strong ability to partner with product managers, engineers, and architects across the organization through collaborative problem solving
• Experience with modern 24×7 production environments
• Has experienced in using ITIL framework best practices for Incident, Problem and Change management
• Able to speak with confidence and under pressure during technical troubleshooting calls to resolve and restore production issues; able to articulate key topics to different audience levels.
• Understands Operational needs and key processes to ensure application availability and stability continue to improve.
• Hands on experience in tools like IBM RAD, Websphere application servers, AppDynamics, AES, Splunk, Toad, etc
• Experience in financial services and bank/ lending environments