Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
Did you ever think that you could work for a company and actually have an impact on programs that are working on putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, or that are developing national defense systems? Lockheed Martin Space technology connects millions of people around the world and we’re accelerating tomorrow’s breakthroughs to help our customers stay ahead in an ever-changing world. We’re shaping the space technologies of tomorrow, today. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee. At Space we value your skills, training, and education. Come, join us and experience your future!
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
This architect will work with the BA/Program/Project to:
• Meet and understand the business and engineering customers/stakeholders and their disciplines
• Capture and understand their current-state architectures (processes/systems/data/roles)
• Capture, infer and understand their needs/requests /requirements/desirements
• Work directly with customers/stakeholders and IT to collaboratively:
o Define the solution space and lead trade analyses within and across the relevant domains – technical (IT and non-IT) and non-technical
o Engineer/develop future-state conceptual architectures that are implementable, secure, scalable and supportable
o Decompose those conceptual architectures into functions that can be allocated to processes/systems/data/roles
o Lead trade analyses within and across the relevant domains
-Non-technical (e.g., business functions)
-Technical non-IT (e.g., scientific, engineering, manufacturing, etc., functions)
-Technical IT (applications, infrastructure)
• Work with IT to allocate functions to IT components/systems; and develop those allocations into requirements for the architects, designers and managers that will build, operate and maintain those IT component systems
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• 3+ years working as an IT Architect
• Broad experience across IT technical disciplines: applications, infrastructure (compute, network, storage) and cybersecurity
• Solid understanding of security principles in general and how to map/trace them to IT systems, components and functions
• Broad, basic understanding of business and engineering activities/disciplines in DoD/Aerospace, including some experience working classified projects
• Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly – verbally, textually and graphically – to technical and non-technical stakeholders at the Director level and below
• Possess excellent English communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program and executive management.
• You will need to be a US Citizen, and be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance, to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To be successful, ideally, you should also have:
• 5+ years working as an IT Architect
• Basic understanding and experience modeling systems in SysML, using No Magic Cameo or similar tool
• Experience presenting at reviews with Customers and/or Senior Leadership
• Experience architecting systems in an Agile environment
• PLEASE NOTE: Applicants selected must be able to successfully pass to a background investigation and drug test.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.